Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Winter moments

The last couple of weeks I took pictures for my blog posts. Having various topics to blog about in my mind I just find myself assembling pictures and typing text only now. So here are some winter moments:
This is what it looked like two weeks ago when looking out of my office window. Snow, snow, snow
 
Then a few day later: Even more snow!
While we in the North were under a heavy blanket of snow, the western part where my sister lives had no snow at all. At times the temperature gap was 16 degrees Celsius and we are only 330 km apart. Fortunately the snow melted away after a week. As I am dependent on using my car I was very happy about that.
Here are the colours of our winter walk in the forest: grey skies, green conifers and and brownish soil. I am actually more an indoor type of person, especially when it's cold and grey outside.

And so are the ragdoll cats of my sister, indoor cats! I helped her moving places. Her cats found it all very exciting and adventurous. They are so gorgeous, their fur is very fine and soft and winter coloured - and is sticking to all of your clothes too ;-)
To bring some bright colours in here is a curry dish I cooked together with dear friends of mine:
chicken curry with coconut milk and coriander, cucumber salad in a joghurt-ginger dressing and some chapati bread.
So this were my winter moments of the last weeks. As you can see, it all ends with something to eat :-)

2 comments:

  1. We loved it so much, that we tried the recipe again a week later :-) Very, very yummie! :-)
    Xx, Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad, that the two of you liked it! It was lots of fun cooking with you. Cheers, Sonja

      Delete