Pages

Saturday 7 September 2013

Easy bread recipe

This morning I felt like having freshly baked bread for breakfast, and I remembered an old, no fail  recipe I have used before.

You need following ingredients:
500 g flour
450 ml water
40 g yeast
1 tbs honey or sirup
2 tbs vinegar
1 tsp salt
Variations: sunflower seeds, pumkin seeds, oat flakes, dried onions.......

First dissolve yeast (fresh or dried) in warm water, add honey or sirup and stir. I use sugar beet sirup which gives a light brown coulour. Then stir in the vinegar and add salt.
Now mix flour and your favourite seeds until you get a dough which is quite sticky.

As for the flour I use wheat, spelt, maize meal or whatever is available. You can mix different types of flour as well.
And for the seeds you can also add anything you like, you can also add nuts or bacon bits or raisis if you like it sweet. I ususally add about one to two handfuls of variation ingredients.

Grease a loaf pan and fill in the dough.

Put the pan into the oven and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes. You do not need to preheat the oven! When finished take the bread out of the pan, turn off the oven and put the bread back into the oven for another 10 minutes to get a nice crust.
Take the bread out of the oven and when the bread has cooled down it is much easier to cut. But I cannot wait.I love warm freshly baked bread with butter. Soooo delicious! The bread stays fresh for about three days. I cover it up with a large glass bowl. Mostly it is gone very quickly though ;-)
A very easy recipe indeed where you can use whatever is in store. Try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment